Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Re-adjusting

This week has required some serious re-adjusting ... back to work after four weeks holiday, back to school for the babies, and back to some serious summer heat. Number two son started high school, and so far so good.


We look a bit hunchbacked in this photo, we're trying to get the dog to turn around and smile for the camera. She knew we wanted her to do something, so stared at us and did her best to understand. Willing, but dumb.

And when I say summer heat, the first few days back were a nightmare - temps of 33, 35, 36, 39, 35 - enough to make everything heat up and completely never cool down. Such a shock after the lovely Californian winter. I am going to write about my holiday in great and tedious detail ... this is my diary after all, and I want to write it down and remember it because it was awesome! As opposed to Real Life, and working, even though I know it has to be done.

3 comments:

  1. Just as well the tall one took the photo as you'll never get him and the dog in one together any more unless it's from 50 m. By the way he ate I think you will see a 12cm growth spurt from the new high school boy over the next 12 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look such a lovely family. And hardly hot at all.

    ReplyDelete