Monday, October 24, 2016

And back to Monday

We had a quiet weekend - my husband was up in Brisbane for his mother's 75th and sister's 50th birthdays - so the boys and I mostly hung out at home. Number two son had his birthday as well (very popular month, October) and one of his presents was a ticket to Wicked currently playing at the Canberra Theatre. He is clearly too young to go alone, so I was forced to accompany him.



It was awesome! Very loud (I don't think they had the sound exactly right) but wonderful songs and a very talented cast. We had prepped up by listening to the soundtrack beforehand, and we had both read the book. I don't think it is entirely age appropriate for my son, but he wouldn't be stopped. I've never tried to censor my kids' reading, I figure if it's too old for them they will think it's boring, and I used to read all sorts of stuff from a ridiculously early age. Anyway, the musical was very enjoyable; with a full house of people who all clearly enjoyed it too.


On Sunday we went into the city to run some errands and for him to spend some of his birthday money (never takes that child very long to spend money). I was waiting for them outside some shop and noticed the knitted trees. Not sure what's going on there. They didn't look at all weatherbeaten so it must be quite recent. A bit groovy for Canberra.
 

1 comment:

  1. Is the tree a Cardigan Bay? Anyway I Skyped in vain and have yet to wish the boy a happy birthday, much less come up with a gift. But it looks as though you were pretty spot on with your present. And the photo is eerie - "what's in the trunk...."

    ReplyDelete