Sunday, April 26, 2015

The other baby quilt

If anything, this is even simpler in design, but slightly brighter in colour. Again, gender neutral with a leaning towards yellow! And my favourite kites quilting design - very easy when you're working on a grid.



I had a left over strip from piecing the front so used it in the back. This is a bit bigger than the other one, so I couldn't find a single piece to fit the back. Because I order a yard at a time, I try and limit my baby quilts to 36" square, so I can back them with a single piece. But sometimes they end up a bit bigger.



Gosh, what else to say? More wintry weather, both here and at the beach, more holiday time doing very little, lots more cakes and biscuits baked by the boys, and lots more sewing for me. Sometimes the best things to do are the most boring things to write about...

1 comment:

  1. Well, as always, that's lovely. And fast. I cannot understand how you get so many quilts done in such a short time. I think you're actually a collective.

    ReplyDelete