Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pretty views and unexpected treats

I know I post photos of trees every year at this time, but Canberra is really looking pretty. This is down the lake - it doesn't do it justice, it's glorious. I love that this is basically in the CBD - about ten minutes walk from Parliament House in one direction, and twenty minutes to the main shopping centre in the other - but it looks so serene and peaceful. The autumn colours are out too, and gorgeous.



We had a lovely weekend catching up with friends over from NZ who we haven't seen for far too long. They are on a massive round the world adventure - he doesn't like long flights so they are gently hopping their way to England over a couple of weeks. Which works for us as they've stopped in Canberra. We went for a walk up our hill and showed them the view. They are from Wellington so used to hills :)



The other thing I did on the weekend was sew up eight more selvage blocks - which just about used up all my remaining strips! I was getting despondent about how long it was going to take me to accumulate enough selvages for an actual quilt and then, yesterday, an envelope stuffed full arrived completely out of the blue from Michelle in Melbourne who reads my blog!



Isn't that amazing? Thank you so much Michelle, it was a real treat, and I might actually get this finished now...

2 comments:

  1. I had to look up selvage (US English) or selvedge (BR English).
    Off to Hamilton tomorrow to Cassie's graduation and now only a week till my big adventure. Must talk to you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful scenery. and those fabrics in the goody bag look pretty too.

    ReplyDelete