Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What I'm working on

I have been sewing and quilting away in and around the travel - but I don't have much to show for it yet because it's taking forever. I'm still a bit obsessed with the crumb blocks, so I made a quilt with crumbs and pink and cream; and now I'm quilting it.



You can see from the little squiggles why it's taking so long - it's pretty dense quilting. It might be too dense because it's making it quite stiff and unyielding, although that will soften up over time. I should be finished (one day!) and then I'll show it to you properly.

I've spent the last couple of days a bit slow and sleepy. No jet lag or anything - Honiara is in the same time zone as Canberra - just the after effects of having a really full on week that made me think AND talk to people. Neither of which is a strength ... I'm really at my best sitting quietly on my own watching trashy television. Not that I got much of a chance to do that today even though it's my not-working day. Just paying bills and running errands ... and we FINALLY did our wills. Isn't that terrible, not to have had current wills for so many years. Good thing we didn't die.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you have just gone 'all in' with your crumb blocks, and the vibrant pink background. I find it very satisfying to use up the old scraps that way. We have been talking about redoing our wills for the last couple of years - have no idea where the one we drew up when I first got preggers 18 years ago is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the quilting design you are doing on those blocks. i can really see your progress as a quilter from your beginning attempts to now. you have really really come a long way. looking good!

    as far as wills go, uh, me and the hubby haven't gotten around to that either. i used to worry more about it when the kids were little. now i just figure if one of us kicks the bucket the other gets all and if we both go at the same time the kids each get half. (is posting this comment legally binding? haha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please continue not to die.

    Re the wills - are you not, um, a lawyer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always need a couple of days to get over travel, put me back in my own zone so to speak.

    Love the crumb blocks, makes me think I should do something with my few crumb blocks that are pushed away in a drawer somewhere.

    ReplyDelete