Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Dyeing in the laundry

No, the joke never gets old ... where's Mum? She's dyeing in the laundry. Yes, yes I am. I bought this cream cotton ages and ages ago on super special and it's been sitting in the corner of the sewing room in a neat roll; just waiting. I really love unrolling it with a big dramatic gesture (no-one is around to see of course, except the cat, and she's never impressed with my gestures) and letting it billow around. Then I stuff it into the washing machine for a pre-wash.


And here are the results so far - a yellow with turquoise.



And a yellow with marine blue. Possibly the same yellow, but possibly not. I don't keep track of what I dye with, which is why I end up with oodles of the same colour because I think it's something different. But it works out in the end because I use all the powders up before I order any more - so I'm bound to get through all the colours one way or another. And it's not like I won't use them, because I will! I've got a batch of lurid purples in the rinse at the moment, I'll post pictures later.

3 comments: