Thursday, August 15, 2013

Circles

I've been thinking over the last few months about circles, and curved piecing generally. I have a drunkard's path template that I've had fun with in the past, but I haven't done a great deal with proper curves. So I've been experimenting with a few methods of making circles - both piecing and applique - but with mixed success. Actually that's not true, it hasn't been mixed, it's been disastrous! Either really fiddly and time-consuming, or not accurate enough. But I bought a new ruler that cuts perfect circles and frames and then you sew them together and it's great! Not too difficult and a good result.



So I've been making big circles - they are a bit boring plain so I'll cut them down and make something else.



Do you like the cupcakes? I went with a pink and orange theme and it's very cheerful.



What a colourful bunch of scraps.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that's a bright square! pink and orange. nice combo. i haven't done many circles. no special reason. just haven't done them. going to have to try a few here pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete