Sunday, February 17, 2013

Crumb block fiesta

I am on a roll with these crumb block thingies ... despite having made such a huge pile I don't think it's going to be a problem using them up. The latest is liberated baskets on a yellow background. It is so nice to be working in clear colours after the murky morass of moths in all those icky browns.

Not a very good photo though. I did iron it, but then I took it downstairs to take the photo, and put it in the hallway, and the washing machine beeped, so I hung it out, and someone needed their bagel sliced, and when I came back to the quilt it had been stood on a few times. So now it looks a bit crumpled. One day I would actually like to just start something and do it through from beginning to end without interruption.



Close up .  I like how the crumbs work in this - gives it a bit of interest in the body of the baskets. I decided the previous pink quilt is finished - no more borders - so I'll quilt that and then do this one, which is all finished, no need for it to be any bigger.



I went out to Spotlight this week to get some more white fabric to dye (not that I need any more dyed fabric, but I felt like doing some dyeing, which is why I end up with all this stuff) but the only plains I could find were really expensive. And I had to crawl around on hands and knees looking under the shelves to find it, which put me off a bit. So I didn't get any white, but they were having a massive sale of quilting fabric for $4 a metre, which is cheap as chips, so I bought quite a bit. It's not very pretty fabric but I know I'll use it.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea - I have always wanted to do a basket quilt.

    ReplyDelete