Thursday, April 19, 2012

Finished the flying geese

I quilted up this little number in no time at all - random squiggles in the yellow and a sort of loopy thing in the geese. And a framing stitch for the green border, which was probably a mistake in hindsight, but I'm not about to unpick it!
The burning continues ... it's the boys new favourite thing to do. They're reasonably sensible with it (after being mildly burnt on the fingers, amazing how educational that can be) so it's an easy few hours entertainment. I've decided that twilight burning-time is "mummy cocktail hour" - I made myself mulled wine the other day! It was delicious, using Jamie Oliver's recipe which uses a sugar syrup with the spices and peel at a rapid boil, then you add the red wine and let it infuse over a low heat for a while. I'm not usually a fan of mulled wine but this was really yum - especially with the glowing coals and the crisp autumn air.



No comments:

Post a Comment