Sunday, February 19, 2012

Zig zags appearing

The zig zag effect between my shoo flies is taking shape! There are no seams to match ... which is great in some ways but in others it's really hard because you can't tell whether it's aligned or not just from the seam that you're sewing. So I have to pin, which I very very rarely do.

But it's a slow old business as the tedious banality of my life takes up a ridiculous amount of time, considering how little fun it is. Cooking, shopping, driving kids from place to place, cleaning up ... work at least is diverting although there are a couple of really interesting trips I can't make because I'm needed at home (see "tedious banality" above). I think I need to extend my brain in some way but it's proving a challenge finding something that fits into the schedule - I can see why the continuing education courses are stuffed full of retired people! Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment