Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A lovely quiet christmas

We had a lovely Christmas - just the four of us, eating the food we like to eat and playing with our wonderful presents. Family rang or skyped, so we didn't feel entirely alone, but other than that it was just us at our most peaceful and relaxed! It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes we can chill successfully. We made gingerbread cookies, but ate them all before they could be iced.
It helped that the boys got a Wii, my husband got an ipad and I got some quilting rulers! Yes, I did sneak off and sew on Christmas Day. In this house every day is a quilting day, and my husband cooked all the meals (to the extent that prawns and salad require cooking) so I wasn't needed. The boys and I painted our menu on butchers paper and put it on the fridge. I'm not sure why.

1 comment:

  1. i loved the menu on the fridge! i've made them and put them on our fridge for holiday meals before also. sometimes, if i put them up too early, family members start adding to it things they want... lol

    sounds like you had a nice holiday, too. i'm ready to jump into the new year and get lots of sewing projects done. sure hope that 2012 is one filled with God's blessings and good health for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete