Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sixteen patch finished

I made all the flying geese for the borders ... and then decided not to use them. I don't know why, I might have been feeling lazy? Or was it an artistic decision? Or perhaps I thought a smaller quilt would be more useful? The first is the most likely. Or perhaps I just wanted to get it finished.
It's machine quilted in long gently curving lines. Just enough to hold the layers together, and no more. The binding is nice and stripey. It does feel good to make something completely out of scraps! A brief sense of achievement, and then I fold it up and put it in the cupboard. I think I need to buy a holiday house so I'll have more beds to cover in quilts. I'm assuming when the boys leave home they'll take a dozen each, but that's years off.

2 comments:

  1. what a stunning quilt! i like it! i know what you mean about just wanting to get it done. i'm working on those 12 lap quilts for the nursing homes and i'm doing a loopy meander on my old kenmore, enough to keep them together, but nothing fancy. and some are even getting straight lines in a grid, depending on the design. hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually quite like your first quilt... Do I have no taste at all? (Don't answer that...)

    Hope you're feeling ok.

    You do write well and funnily.

    ReplyDelete