Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas, whatever

Here is my little Christmas wall hanging all quilted and finished. There are loops in the circles that might possibly be leaves or pine needles, if you squint. And stars in the background, and straight lines on the edge.


I took it to Quilters' meeting today - where I failed to understand the voting system again -but I am quite confident that I didn't win. I did win the lucky door prize though, for the first time in ever, which was a nice fat quarter and some stranded cotton. It will be put to good use.

I don't know about going to these meetings. The only thing I have in common with anybody there is quilting, and nobody really talks about it that much. Oh, and cancer, EVERYBODY has cancer. But I don't much want to talk about that either.


2 comments:

  1. do yourself a favor. don't go to those meetings if you don't want to. life's too short, cancer or no cancer, to do things you don't want to do. your wall hanging is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, and i would have given you top prize! you did a fantastic job on the quilting, and i wish i could freemotion that good.

    ReplyDelete