Sunday, July 3, 2011

UFO sighting

I'm not very disciplined when it comes to finishing off quilts. If something has lost my attention then it tends to lose it forever. Luckily, most of the time my enthusiasm carries me through to the end without too many problems; although my concentration span is short enough that I normally have about half a dozen projects on the go at once. So I have a few UFOs, but not an embarrassing number.

In August last year I spent a few weeks doing a broderie perse centre for what was to be a medallion quilt. Fun, but then when it came time to decide on the borders I lost patience and wandered off to the next thing, and the vase of flowers went onto the High Shelf (not as bad as the Bottom of the Cupboard, where all hope is lost).

For some reason I picked it up again and put these borders on it. Red and yellow. Great ... but now what?



1 comment:

  1. The centre is beautiful Lynley. Hmmm- what now- pieced borders, hexagon flowers- endless possibilities. At least you have transformed a WOMBAT- Waste Of Time And Money- into an ongoing project . I'm afraid I have a couple of WOMBATS hidden in a box in my sewing room! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete