Saturday, July 16, 2011

Simple things make me happy

Don't you just love it when you read or see something that you have never thought of, and would probably never think of, but is a deeply simple and practical solution? Introducing the scraps of binding ball!!!


I saw completely cauchy's frankenbinding and a light went on! Up until now I've put my leftover binding in my scrap bin, but I never use it for string piecing or scrap piecing because the fold is ironed in and impossible to get out. And when I do want to do a scrap binding I have to dig through the scraps until I find it, and it's a pain. But now I have my very own ball of scrap binding ... simple things.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I usually keep it for ages in the fabric stash then toss it away because the crease is too hard to iron out! I will start a binding ball too. Thanks Lynley!

    ReplyDelete