Monday, July 18, 2011

Yay for scraps

I just luuuuurv scraps. I love hauling them out of the bins, sewing with them, and I love the quilts that they make. I love that the fabrics don't match - that they are barely organised into the broadest of groups. After a few too many visits to blogs that are co-ordinated and beautiful and use the word "yummy" I need some grubby mismatched scraps to get my quilting self down from the sugar high. I spent yesterday with the small scraps bin -

and the large scraps bin -

to make myself twenty five five-patch blocks in lights and darks. At the start of the sewing process I had an idea of what I wanted to do with them, but it melted away. And now I have no further interest in them. But that's OK - sometime in the future I will be making a scrap quilt and they will be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment