Sunday, December 19, 2010

All shades of brown

I used a new dye on this batch - yellow ochre. Normally I only buy the unmixed reds, yellows, blues and black and take it from there myself; but this time I bought a little tub of yellow ochre. And it certainly has its own shade!


These are very autumnal orangey yellows. I mixed in a bit of red with some, a bit of black with others, and did some darker and some paler. And that's as unscientific as it sounds, I don't bother with measuring, or labelling or recording what I do. I have ironed them now and put them on the shelf and they look much more appealing than hanging like rags on the line! My shelves are bulging with oranges and browns and peaches and apricots and salmons and yellows ... I think blue and green today to balance it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment