Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And now it's bags

I had given up on the idea of making bags for the school fete - too much like hard work and not at all economical when you consider the cost of the materials vs the likely sale price. But then a friend at work gave me a bag (a large, stuffed full bag) of curtain samples ... and I've been making bags.


Not very good or very imaginative bags, but they should be able to flog them off at the fete? Maybe? It's much nicer making them from upholstery weight fabric too, than the earlier experiment with quilting cottons. The samples include a lot of nana-prints and brocades which I don't think I'll be able to use, but there was a lovely range of linen-style stripes. And every bag has a co-ordinating lining! Hilarious.


I think I've reached the end of my enthusiasm now, although I've hardly made a dint in the sample bag, but it was fun while it was lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment