Saturday, March 6, 2010

Slightly more successful

This batch of dyeing turned out a bit better!! Blue-blacks and one purple ... it looks a bit out of place. The way I dye is by making up the dye mixtures a cup or two at a time, but I only use about three tablespoons per square metre of fabric. So I keep the left over dye mixture in the fridge and pull it out when I need it.


And I always think "I'll pull out the black and the blue and the red and the other red, and use those" but end up doing all my fabric with the black and the blue because there are just so many cool colours in the world!! Anyway, with this one I think I decided to throw a bit of red in the sixth one, and so we have a rogue purple.

And here's a happier picture to finish on ... electrician installing a shiny new oven. It's so clean, I hate to use it (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

No comments:

Post a Comment